Last weekend was the Funk family reunion in Sterling, UT. Mom and Dad Funk had planned for us to go down a night early and see the Manti Pageant. We stayed in a Hotel that night, or I should say morning, we got in at about 1:00 am. We had dinner at the church house, where they have a fund raiser for the ward. They served BBQ Turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, roll, salad, and dessert. The turkey was so juicy, tender and very yummy. Then we headed over to the pageant, Matt & I dropped Mom and Dad Funk off, so they wouldn't have too far to walk and to find us a place. We ended up having a very nice gentleman let us park between his two driveways. So, we were only about two blocks away. That was so nice of him and his family. The temple is so gorgeous. Then we waited for it to get dark and watch the pageant. Before hand, some of the cast walked around talking to people and doing some missionary work. Colton & I got our picture taken with a Nephite. He was really nice.
What an absolutely beautiful experience. I had never seen the pageant before. I was so excited to see it and it was well worth the anticipation. The Manti Temple is probably my second favorite, Logan being my first. It is so beautiful. Elder L. Tom Perry, gave the invocation, it was so nice to hear his voice and then the National Anthem was sung. The spirit was so strong through that number, it gave me the chills and I teared up. I am so grateful for this beautiful country that we have been blessed with. I'm grateful that we have the freedom of religion so that we may worship, they way that we want and that we have the only true gospel. The Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm thankful for my membership in the church and for my knowledge of who I am and where I'm going and the plan Heavenly Father has in store for all of us. I'm thankful for the Prophet Joseph Smith, for all he endured for the truthfulness of the gospel. I'm thankful for the Saints and for our Forefathers, who instituted the great nation and fought for our freedoms. I'm thankful to the men and woman who serve our country today, for their sacrifice and diligence in trying to keep our nation free. The pageant was very beautiful, the setting was gorgeous, there at the foot of the temple with the beautiful star filled sky above us. It is definitely something I hope to attend again. The only drawback was there are a lot of mosquitoes, I remembered repellent, thankfully, but still got eaten up. But it was so worth it. Here are a few pictures that I snagged that night.









3 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful family reunion. Cool pictures.
I'm glad you got to see the pagent. Hopefully we can go someday!
Looks like a great time.
Post a Comment