We enjoyed the family reunion. It was fun seeing where Dad was from and his old home that he grew up in and the land around it. It was so neat hearing the stories of when he was young and would play in the reservoir and how he learned to swim in the creek that ran across the road from his house and how the used to herd cattle down the creek bottom. I could just picture him with all his brothers and sisters running around down there. Sterling is a beautiful valley and I was honored to be there with Matt's parents.
The reunion was fun, meeting and seeing family members. They talked alot about Charles & Emily Funk, who are Albert's parents and Matt's Grandma and Grandpa. It was neat to hear their stories. We got a book that was put together with stories of them and memories of the Grandchildren of their Grandparent's. It is really neat. I will treasure that book forever. Charles & Emily had 13 children of which 1 died the day he was born, and 3 others died before the age of 25. Two from diseases and one form a motorcycle accident. They have 36 Grandchildren and 106 Great Grandchildren, 34+ Great, Great Grandchildren. Dad just has his Sister Ada. Dad comes from a great posterity. I'm so thankful to be a part of their family.

No comments:
Post a Comment