Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary Honey!!
Matt & I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary on April 22nd. Matt was working and I stayed home. Matt came home with a dozen red roses. They were beautiful! What a sweet husband. I had planned a surprise get away for Friday night. I told Matt just to keep Friday and Saturday night open. He hates surprises, I thought it was funny. So, when he got home on Friday, I had everything packed and ready to go. I called and ordered pizza and salads from Pizza Villa in Preston, Id. So, we could pick it up on the way up to Riverdale Resort just outside of Preston. They have about 8 rooms up there. Our room was very nice. Each room has a jetted tub that pumps the natural mineral water into each tub from their natural pools. It was so nice to relax and let our muscles relax. Dad is in Georgia visiting family. Mom is watching Colton. So we got a nice break. We had a candle light dinner and I had brought dvd's to watch and just spent a very relaxing night. Matt was very surprised. I had made a can of memories and little sayings from when we were dating and engaged and things that have happened during the last three years and it was filled with his favorite treats. He really liked it. Matt had gotten me an engraved crystal photo frame. It's beautiful.
Well about 4:00 am, my back started killing and I knew it was my kidneys, I laid there thinking no, not now. Then around 6:30 I woke Matt up, because I was in a lot of pain. He gave me a blessing and we headed to the ER in Logan. What a long drive. I got right in and they started an IV with some pain killers, then they took a CAT Scan, and yep. I have a 4 mm kidney stone in my left tube. 4 mm is the size of a garden pea. It's pretty painful. They sent me home with Loratab and orders to call the urologist on Monday. Told me if the pain got out of control again, to come back. Not the nice relaxing day that I had planned on. So, I met with the Urologist on Monday. He explained that my stones are formed by Oxalate and Calcium. The type of stones my body creates are hereditary. So, I will probably have them the rest of my life. My left kidney also shows swelling suggesting that kidney has had some lower out flow of the urine. I also have a stone in each kidney one is 1.4 mm and the other one is 2 mm. We want to try to keep them from growing. The calcium is what your body naturally makes. But there are certain foods that are higher in Oxalate. Some of the foods are- Sweet Potatoes, Chocolate, Nuts, Strawberries, Blueberries, spinach, grits, okra, collard greens, cranberries, and a bunch of other things. He wants me to try to pass it, since it is almost to the bladder. The only problem would be if my temperature goes up higher than it already is, suggesting a possible infection or blockage. Also, if I have a lot of pain. Then they would take it out. They would go in with a basket and then have to put a stint in the tube to keep it open. The stint would stay in for a week or so, then be taken out. The stint can be very painful because it is a foreign object in the body and the body doesn't like things that don't belong there. So, we have until Friday to see if it passes and then make a decision on what to do. I pray that it passes. I felt it moving a bit last night, but nothing since. Just the pain in the kidney. Which is not fun!! I'll keep you posted on what goes on.

So, what a "fantastic" Anniversary

3 comments:

Parker Family said...

Not funny, I am so sorry. Criag had a surgury and stint with his last kidney stones. An anniversary to remember.

Amy said...

I'm sorry. What a sad story. You were very creative and I like the can of memories idea.

Emily Snow said...

Oh, Becky, not fun. I'm sorry.

Funks

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers