Matt started his job this last Monday. He is enjoying it for the most part. The first couple of days were boring, he said. Just talking about ethics and policies. But, he is enjoying it. He has won a hat and shirt from the Union there, just from random drawings. He seems to really like the people. His trainer is Asian and told about how his mom and him came over and were separated from his dad when he was 10 months old. His dad was caught by the government while they were trying to flee the country. His mom and him got away and came to the US and were in a refugee camp for a while and then after many years, I think Matt said he was 9 or 10, his Father found them he was living in Utah and had a good job with an excellent boss who sponsored the mom and the trainer to come to Utah, were they were reunited and started their new life together. I thought it was an awesome story. Matt really looks up to this man. He sounds like a neat guy.
So far, we have found that they have great benefits and the insurance is tons cheaper, from what we have heard. We should be getting all the information in the mail.
Quick update on the family- We are going to look at another home here in Richmond on Saturday morning, before Conference. I just found out I have Kidney Stones, and another Kidney infection. I think I just passed a stone, so I should start to feel much better. Colton is talking up a storm, don't really know what he is saying, but he wants to talk so badly. Yesterday, he sat on my lap and talked to me for a good 10 min. It was funny. He can kind of say, "I love you" it is so cute!! He has been very lovey, giving lots of hugs and kisses. He is so cute when daddy comes home. He gets so excited, Matt usually calls when he is on his way home and Colton says, "Hi", then after we hang up, he claps his hands and runs around the house. Then he watches for him in the window. It is adorable! Then when Matt gets home, Colton runs to greet him and starts talking to him about his day, I guess? Gives him loves, usually, or he runs around.

1 comment:
I am glad that Matt likes his new job. So cute about Colton. Sorry about the kidney stones. That is not fun!
Post a Comment