Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's

We had a pretty quite New Year's. It was the first year since Matt and I have been married that we actually got to spend New Year's together. The past two years he had been working at nights. I was glad he was home this year. We played our new games we got for Christmas and had some snacks, mostly cheese and crackers and pecan raisin cake, chips and dip, those kind of things. Colton made it till about 9:00pm, I wouldn't let him stay up any later. I wanted him to stay up a little bit later, hoping that I would be able to sleep in a bit more in the morning. Didn't happen, but it was a good thought. Matt and I watched the ball drop at midnight, gave each other a kiss and went to bed. The next day we did our little tradition of watching the Rose Parade. My mom grew up in California and it reminds her of home and they always watched it every year and it continues with me. I like that tradition. I think we all stayed in our jammies and just lounged around and played games, put some Christmas away. It was a nice relaxing day!

No comments:

Funks

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers