Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year

It's a new year, I can't believe it. 2008 was a great year full of blessings and trials. It seems like I had a lot of health problems, but hopefully that will all be taken care of soon. Colton has grown leaps and bounds. He is so much fun. I'm amazed at how much he learns and how funny he is. He is constantly making us laugh. Matt and I moved a couple of times, we ended up at my parents, so that I could work from home for my parents business, which is such a great blessing! and so that Matt could concentrate on school and go full time, so that we can get finished sooner. We are hoping that he will be done this fall and then we will be able to finally settle down somewhere. And as Matt puts it be grownups and have a real life. We had lots of fun trips- Aspen Grove and Disneyland. Matt worked the summer as the Boy Scout Camp Director and I got to pack and move us during that time. We have made wonderful friends in both Eagle Mt. and the University Wards and had great callings and experiences in each ward. We have enjoyed being able to spend so much time with Colton and watching him grow. We have been so blessed by a wonderful family who have been such a support to us. We look forward to this coming year and all that it has to offer us. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives and to know that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father. That he has a plan for each of us and is anxious for us to succeed and return to him. We are grateful for the Book of Mormon and know of the power and peace it's words brings into our lives. We have started reading it with Colton every night before he goes to bed, it amazes me at the peace and reverence it brings into our home and how Colton can sense that, he loves scripture time and he enjoys taking a turn to read also. It's pretty cute. We have been truly blessed!

3 comments:

Parker Family said...

What a good post!

Alison said...

You word things so good...thanks for your testimony!

Grammy said...

Your right! I hope Colton will "read" for the family next weekend.

Funks

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers