Sunday, November 30, 2008
Thanksgiving Holiday!
We had a great Thanksgiving day. We were sad to not have my brothers and their families and my Aunt and Uncle. It was still a great day! I love this time of year. I am so thankful for all the many wonderful blessings I have been given from the Lord. I'm thankful for my family and extended family. I'm grateful to live in a free country and for the service men and woman who are fighting for our freedoms. I'm thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm thankful for my testimony of our Lord and Savior.
We had the tradtional turkey, ham, yams, green bean casserole, corn, rolls, stuffing, frog eye salad, and jello and of course Pecan and Pumpkin Pie. It was all so yummy!
The morning after Thanksgiving starts our holiday traditions. Mom and I get up around 4 am and get dressed and head for the stores. We never really have anything in particular we are looking for, because we are usually done with our Christmas shopping by now. We look for stocking stuffers and any other last minute gifts we might find. It's always so much fun. Then the men meet us for breakfast at Angie's around 9 am, then we kiss them good-bye and finish the rest of the stores in Logan. What a Blast!!
We have started putting up the lights on the house for Christmas and this week we hope to get the yard done. I will put some pictures up when I get a chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Love to see it when you post always do wonderful posts.
I love going shopping at 5 am with you! We always meet the most interesting people!!
Post a Comment