Thursday, November 6, 2008
Just Some Thoughts....
As I've been reflecting the last few days on the events that have happened in the United States. With the election of Barrack Obama, which has been an historical event, comes feelings of uncertainty, but trust in the Lord. I don't agree with everything Obama stands for, but the people have spoken and I do believe in democracy and uphold it. And with the outcomes on Proposition 8 come some mixed feelings, and a stronger desire to fight and stand up for my beliefs. Thankfully Proposition 8 was passed in 3 states, stating that a marriage is defined as a union between a man and a woman. Which I'm so grateful for. I strongly believe that God has instituted the family unit and in doing so, has set laws to govern and protect the family unit, meaning a mother, father and if so lucky children. I never would have dreamed or even thought, when I was younger that I would deal with such moral issues as same sex attraction, let alone marriage. I believe that everyone has temptations in some form, whether it be food, or alcohol, or drug abuse, etc. But, just because we have such temptations does not mean that we entertain the thought or action. The Lord has given us a commandment to love all. Which we can and should do. But to love someone does not mean we have to condone or support the actions of an individual. We have been told to stand for truth and righteousness. The Lord has given us commandments to follow, just because Satan has taken a hit on the family unit and made it not so called politically correct and not accepting individuals with same sex attraction, or treating them differently a wrong thing, it's crazy to me. I know and have some friends who are gay, doesn't mean I don't love them, just means as they know I don't agree with how they are living their life. It saddens me, to know that people within our church do not feel the same way and want the church leadership to change their stand. We have a very loving Heavenly Father who is the head of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who is the Creator of all and it is His design and His commandments that we follow and uphold. We can't change Heavenly Father's stand on such issues. It just boils down to what's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. Doesn't matter in what form the indulgence is in, it's still wrong. I pray that people won't take this offensive, but I needed to tell my feelings and stand for what I believe in. I don't know how much longer, we will be able to keep passing laws to protect the family unit, but you can count on me fighting and standing for what is right, no matter what. I know that God lives and loves everyone of us know matter our circumstances. He has a plan, an eternal plan for families, of which I'm so very blessed to know and be a part of. I love my family and pray that we may be protected from the world. I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Amen
Cute background on your blog. There sure is a lot of talk here in Arizona with the marriage proposal and am very glad it passed. It was closer than I thought it would be. I thought it would only be 10% against. Glad you gave your thoughts.
I can't believe you have a christmas count down on your blog. You can't count down until after Thanksgiving.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY!!! So Gavin and I went to the store a few days ago and Gavin picked you out something special but it is sitting my purse. I forgot to mail. So you will have it in a couple of days. LOVE YOU
Post a Comment