Sunday, November 23, 2008

How Old?

So, we celebrated another year of my life on this beautiful world. Yep, 34 years. I had a wonderful day, thanks to Matt and both of our parents and siblings. We went to lunch with Matt's parents and my parents at Olive Garden it was so yummy!! Mom & Dad Funk gave me 3 awesome cartridges for my Cricut machine. I love them. Thanks so much!!! Then later for dinner, mom made me enchiladas and we had a yummy cake. White cake with raspberry filling, it was great! Matt gave me an necklace and earring set in my birthstone, they are gorgeous. He also got me some jewelry cleaner and some lotions. Mom and Dad got me a cute sweater and a couple of slips, which was badly needed. I guess I can finally get rid of the ones that Cassie, my dog from a long time ago, chewed on when I had her. Then they got me a really nice digital camera. I love it. I'm hoping to start trying to do some photography and take family pictures. Aunt Bean and Uncle John sent me a sweet card with some money. And some great phone calls and emails from family. And a great effort and thought from Amy in my digital b-day card, 45 min. of her day spent on me, means so much to me even if it didn't work. I love ya, Amy! My friend Alsiha listed the number of things that has made her, her in the number of years.. I thought it was a great idea, so her is my attempt at coming up with 34 things I have been able to accomplish thus far in my life, or great blessings, or funny things that have happened, to make me, me, in no particular order- 1. I graduated from high school and beauty school. 2. I managed a salon. 3. I served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Indianapolis, Indiana mission. 4. I made everlasting friends in Indiana. 5. I've been pee'd on by dogs at least two times in my life.(Our dog when we were fishing, a dog outside an outhouse, while I was inside, it came through the screen on the bottom) 6. I've been pooped on by seagulls while fishing off the Gulf of Mexico. I actually caught some small sharks. 7. I caught my hair on fire while at a Young Women's Camp, during a candlelight fireside. 8. I've worked at a bank as an assistant manager for 5 yrs. 9. I bought a home in Smithfield, while being single. 10. I have met many interesting toads and finally found my Prince. 11. I have held many callings in the church from Primary chorister, to Primary teacher to RS president. 12. Met and married the love of my life in the Logan LDS Temple. 13. We spent our honeymoon in Disney World for a wonderful week. 14. I survived childbirth and was able to be the mother of a beautiful little boy, Colton. 15. We moved two times in our first year of our marriage. 16. I was in the Glee club in high school, I love to sing 17. My first job outside of mom's Avon delivering, was working at a meat packing place, I worked in the deli, but did package meat and learned to trim steaks and roasts. 18. I have discovered that I absolutely love blogging, what a wonderful invention. 19. Wipes are the greatest invention in the world. 20. I like to be creative and enjoy making new things and scrapbook 21. I think I'm a good friend and listener, I enjoy helping others and love to make new friends. 22. My mom taught me how to love and not judge others, which was very helpful on my mission. 23. My mom and dad taught me how to have great faith. 24. My mom and dad have taught me how to work, work first and play later. I hope I can pass that on to my children. 25. My grandma taught me how to be creative and how to really listen and hear things far away. 26. Grandma taught me how to find the good in others and how to notice the beauties of the world. 27. Papa gave me my love of the Christmas holiday and all the magic that comes with it. 28. Aunt Bean taught me how to first start driving and how to flirt. 29. Mike and Chris allowed me the experience of being a mom when I was about 7 yrs. old. 30. I love to laugh and be with my family. 31. As a child we moved every year, my dad was in the Air Force, we finally stopped moving when I was 12. I loved the experience and loved seeing the country. 32.I have a strong testimony of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am who I am for that knowledge. I am so thankful for his gospel and for his power that is here upon the earth. 33. I love being a mom and watching the miracle of a child learn and grow. 34. I am sealed for time and all eternity to my best friend and love of my life and together we have our son forever. I'm so glad that Matt is my husband and that I can be his wife.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

I can't believe that your so old!!
I love having you guys here. Colton is growing so fast. And I love his smile!! I think the idea of listing things by your age. But I think my list would take up all the space!! I love you!!

Parker Family said...

That is a wonderful blog.
Love You, Just got your card sent off today. Sorry again for beting slow.

Funks

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers