Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What an Eventful Day!!!

This is how Monday went for me.....
6:00 am- Colton woke me up in a very good mood.
Then we had breakfast, and started cleaning the kitchen. I've wanted to go through all the lids and match them up with the containers, because we had a ton of lids. Why is that? You always seem to have more lids than containers. Anyways, of course Colton had to help. He loves to stack and unstack, put lids here and there. It took me a bit longer than it would have normally, without help. As I was trying lids, I would say, nope that doesn't fit, and before long Colton was saying, nope and shaking his head as he was putting lids on lids or containers. Then we cleaned out the fridge and loaded the dishwasher. By this time it was nap time, Thank Goodness, so we read some books and off to bed Colton went.
Nap time is when I get to work on the business for mom and dad without interruptions or complaints from Colton. So, I got the invoicing, data entries, and phone calls done. Then what do I hear, "Mamma, Mamma" Oh, no, I thought to myself it can't be time for him to get up. Yep, it had been two hours. So, then we fixed lunch, did some laundry, picked up and played blocks for a bit. I made phone calls for a funeral of Brother Clyde Hatch in our ward, to people who signed up to bring potatoes and cakes. Then we went outside and played, Colton rode his tricycle. It's so cute both feet touch the pedals. I put my hands on his knees and said push, push, as I was pushing them down, so that he could learn to pedal. He actually did a couple of turns on his own.
I was very excited. It was super hot outside- 95 degrees. So, we went back in and Colton was acting tired, so we read some more books and he went down again for a nap around 3:00 pm. This time I worked on filing and finishing data entry. I knew that we needed to take dinner to Dave and Ruth Anderson between 4-5 pm. Thinking Colton doesn't usually take an afternoon nap, so he won't sleep very long. Well, he woke up at 5pm. So, off to Anderson's we went with stroganoff and broccoli. We had a nice visit with them, Colton showed them all of his tricks and was really cute with them. After about 35 min. I decided it's time to go, and let them eat. Colton went and gave them the biggest loves. It was adorable and they loved it. Then we came home. I remembered that I had told dad I would water the grass for him. So, we went outside and got the sprinkler hooked up, it was still quite warm. So, I thought I will teach Colton how to run through the sprinkler. He thought it was hilarious when I ran through it and would just laugh and laugh, saying "nain","nain", meaning again, again. Well, here I am running through the sprinkler just to hear my son laugh. So, I finally got him to run through with me a couple of times, but he didn't like it too much, the sprinkler would hit him in the face, he is a little short. So, I picked him up and started running back and forth through the sprinkler. Which he just laughed. He wasn't too sure about being wet, but it was fun.
I was a little embarrassed, when my neighbor came walking up the street and was laughing at us. I'm sure we were a sight to see, but it was so worth it. Then we went inside to fix dinner, as I was fixing dinner Colton didn't want to be inside and was pitching a fit, so I told him he could do dishes. I know, what was I thinking, all I could think at this moment was just make him happy. Well, needless to say there was water all over the floor and all over him.
But, dinner got done without interruptions. So, we ate, then I remembered the water. I needed to go turn it off, so I asked Colton if he wanted to go back outside, which is a dumb question on my part, of course he does! So, back out we went, we played ball and rode bikes more. Then I realized it was almost bed time. YAY!!!! So, I start to try to get Colton to get back up on the porch, so we can go inside, he is pitching a fit, he doesn't want to go in. So, to get him in I ask if he wants a bath? He loves baths, he said yes, bath,bath. So, we go to open the door and it's LOCKED!!! AHHHH!! No one else is home. Matt is in Payson and Boy Scout Camp. Mom and Dad are working in Nephi. So, luckily I had brought the phone out with me. I had checked the door, downstairs and it was locked. I called mom and said, "How do you break into your house?" She said, "What?, You didn't." Anyways, I had remembered that Matt had opened our window over the weekend, I had closed it, but I didn't think I locked it. So, there was a screwdriver outside, I used it to pry off my screen. Colton just kept looking at me, wandering what I was doing. And he wanted to take a bath. Finally, I got the screen off, it was bent and a little chipped around the window seal, but it was off, now, if the window just isn't locked we will be okay. It wasn't, thankfully, so I slid open the window. Now, the difficult part, climbing in over our bed frame and making sure Colton would stay by the window and not run off. I was thinking do I put Colton in first? Where he would probably be in the way, not letting me climb in or he would fall off the bed, or do I leave him outside by the window. I got in and Colton was good and stayed there, I think more so, because he wanted to see what I was doing. Well, once inside we were on my bed and Colton loved it, thinking it was the best thing ever. He was jumping on the bed and laughing. I was exhausted!!! Thinking you have got to be kidding me. Well, as soon as we were in Colton starts saying, "Baff" Baff", for Bath. No, I forgot I had told him I would give him a bath. He didn't. So, then the bath. Finally, I thought, I will just sit here by the tub, while he plays in the water. Well, my son, let's say discovers himself and decides to play with the rubber ducky that squirts water with himself. He just laughed and laughed, I was like, No, don't do that, you are way to young to be starting to discover yourself! Oh, well, that is what boys do. It was kinda funny! Then we got jammies on, read scriptures while Colton had his snack, prayer and finally, bed time for good! What a day....

2 comments:

Grammy said...

It could only happen to you!! The pictures are darling!

Parker Family said...

What a day! Sounds fun though well except the getting locked out part.

Funks

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers