So it's been a fun Easter Weekend so far. It started out Friday night. The Elder's Quorum held their annual movie night. We watched Cars 2. Colton was so excited all day. I found a recipe on pinterest for Mater cookies and Mc Queen cupcakes. I asked Colton which ones he wanted to take to the party and he said "Both". You can't have Mater without Mc Queen. Yes, I was a sucker, for that cute little face of his. But, it took so long to do them. Oh, well it was fun.
Then this morning, we had to wake Colton up to take him to an egg hunt. He wasn't real happy to start with and he was really cold. But, he got into pretty quickly. We went over to an apartment complex in our ward, they had so many eggs, that were empty spread out for 1-5 yr olds and 6-11 yr olds. They counted how many kids were there and divided that by the number of eggs and that is how many each could find. They then brought back their eggs to a table where they exchanged their eggs for a bag of candy with a dollar in it and got to pick a prize off the table. Colton picked a fireman ax and badge. He wouldn't let me take a picture.
We came home and made the carrot cake for tomorrow. Then went to dye Easter eggs, I being on top of things, had bought the dye kit last year the day after Easter, when it's 50% off, but, when I went to get it out of our Easter box, the dyes weren't in it, I hadn't noticed the whole on the side, note to self for this year! So, I went to Pinterest and found you could dye eggs with Kool-Aid. So we tried that, it was okay, not very bright or colorful, seeing how I only had a few flavors of Kool-Aid. But, I did find in our Easter stuff a spin and dye, which had a few colors in it. So, the really bright pretty colored ones are from that.
Then I made the little carrot cones for Sunday dinner at Matt's mom's to give to all the kiddos. Colton had fun with these also. So, it's been a busy weekend. But, so fun!
Now, tomorrow, decorate the Peeps carrot cake with creame cheese frosting and make deviled eggs. Sing in church and get sustained as the 2nd counselor in a new Relief Society Presidency. And most importantly celebrate the Resurection of our Savior, Jesus Christ, whom I love so much and I'm so greatful for the Plan of Happiness, for it truly is HAPPY!
Saturday, April 7, 2012
Easter 2012
So it's been a fun Easter Weekend so far. It started out Friday night. The Elder's Quorum held their annual movie night. We watched Cars 2. Colton was so excited all day. I found a recipe on pinterest for Mater cookies and Mc Queen cupcakes. I asked Colton which ones he wanted to take to the party and he said "Both". You can't have Mater without Mc Queen. Yes, I was a sucker, for that cute little face of his. But, it took so long to do them. Oh, well it was fun.
Then this morning, we had to wake Colton up to take him to an egg hunt. He wasn't real happy to start with and he was really cold. But, he got into pretty quickly. We went over to an apartment complex in our ward, they had so many eggs, that were empty spread out for 1-5 yr olds and 6-11 yr olds. They counted how many kids were there and divided that by the number of eggs and that is how many each could find. They then brought back their eggs to a table where they exchanged their eggs for a bag of candy with a dollar in it and got to pick a prize off the table. Colton picked a fireman ax and badge. He wouldn't let me take a picture.
We came home and made the carrot cake for tomorrow. Then went to dye Easter eggs, I being on top of things, had bought the dye kit last year the day after Easter, when it's 50% off, but, when I went to get it out of our Easter box, the dyes weren't in it, I hadn't noticed the whole on the side, note to self for this year! So, I went to Pinterest and found you could dye eggs with Kool-Aid. So we tried that, it was okay, not very bright or colorful, seeing how I only had a few flavors of Kool-Aid. But, I did find in our Easter stuff a spin and dye, which had a few colors in it. So, the really bright pretty colored ones are from that.
Then I made the little carrot cones for Sunday dinner at Matt's mom's to give to all the kiddos. Colton had fun with these also. So, it's been a busy weekend. But, so fun!
Now, tomorrow, decorate the Peeps carrot cake with creame cheese frosting and make deviled eggs. Sing in church and get sustained as the 2nd counselor in a new Relief Society Presidency. And most importantly celebrate the Resurection of our Savior, Jesus Christ, whom I love so much and I'm so greatful for the Plan of Happiness, for it truly is HAPPY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That sounds like a great Easter. I just use food coloring dye with the directions on the box. I haven't heard of using Kool-Aid. We have all been sick Gavin said it was a boring Easter so we are doing something later this week. The cupcakes are super cute!! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend.
Post a Comment