Sunday, May 29, 2011
Let's Play Catch Up!
So a lot has happened since I last wrote. Colton unfortunately still refuses to consistently go on the potty. He's being really stubborn about this! He must get that from his Dad, jk. We sold our cute little Reece. We think Colton was allergic to her. Plus, she was just a pain for me, cute and all, but a real pain. I never want a puppy again!!
So, we have had a lot of ups and downs with Matt getting laid off at jobs and then hired at new places just to turn around and be laid off again. It has been really frustrating for all of us, not just Matt. Matt is doing well though, through all of this. He continues to stay up beat most of the time and is really trying to find a job that will support our family and have benefits. So, that quest continues, but we know that the Lord will not fail us in our time of need, nor let us down. We truly have been blessed during all this time.
We had some friends in our ward give us a bunch of top soil for our yard, which was wonderful, something that we were going to have to eventually buy. Then our ward had a Service Day, where we had a lot of people show up to help spread all the top soil. Matt got me some flowers for Mother's Day, that we planted in the front of our house. They look so pretty, to have something live, in our yard.
Then on Thursday, May 12th. I went to the Dr, because I was not feeling well and was nauseated all the time and tired, and plain just didn't feel well. I knew we were not pregnant, because TWO home pregnancies test were negative. I also wanted to talk to him about our having a hard time of getting pregnant, I mean we were going on 3 years now. Well, I found a new Dr., Dr. Matthew Welter, who I absolutely love. He has done wonders for our family and has answered so many questions. Well, they decided to do a pregnancy test, and they first thing he did when he came in was say, I think I have the answer to all your questions and why you feel this way, showed me the test and yes it was positive. We were pregnant. Mom was with me because we both had an appointment at the same time and they just said we could go in together. So, Mom was the first one to know. The Dr was thrilled for me, I just started crying. That would explain how I was feeling. Dr. Welter referred me to the Women's Lodge, so, I later called an made an appointment with them. I've had my nurse console, my due date is January 12,2012 which seems so very far away. I'm really nervous about this pregnancy, being older and waiting so long to get pregnant. I have had some spotting, which they say is normal during the earl stages of pregnancy. I will feel better about it after my apt on June 14th. When I meet with Dr. Blackett and she does an initial ultrasound. Until then, I just keep taking breaks and putting my feet up when I spot.
We are looking forward to this next month. We are having all our family visit. And Keagan, Mike's second oldest is getting baptized. I got a really special phone call the other night from Keagan. He called and asked if I would give a talk at his baptism about baptism, I felt honored. He is such a special boy. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. I love him so much! Colton is very excited to see all of his cousins! Both Mike and Chris and their families are coming up and Uncle Lindsay is coming. What an exciting Month!
Mom is doing well with her knee replacement, although she gets frustrated at times, she really is doing well. Just takes a lot more time to heal than she wants and she wants to get so much done, that it is frustrating that she can't. And know I'm not much help in that department, since I can't lift anything and the Dr said no deep cleaning for me. But, it sure has been fun spending so much time with mom taking her back and forth to the Dr's and therapy. Colton has been able to spend a lot of time also. Which is such a blessing!
Dad got himself a Mustang, it's a 2008 and it's black. It's beautiful and so much fun to drive. It's funny seeing my dad act like a teenager when he gets behind that wheel.
Dad Funk during all this time has suffered from a lot of mini strokes and is now in a facility care, were he is getting the therapy he needs, so he can get himself up again on his own and walk on his own. We truly love Dad Funk, and pray that he will be okay and be at peace with what is going on with his body.
We were planning on doing a sprinkler system, but can't afford one right now. Terry Holden has been so wonderful to us, he has leveled, moved dirt and offered to help with the sprinkler system. Melvin, Matt's brother, said he can put it in also, we just need to pay for the parts and we would have to pay him by the hour. Well, Mel came up and drew out our yard and is getting us an estimate of what we need. In the mean time. We found out how much it would cost to rent a ditch witch, to dig the trenches. And then the other day, while I was Visiting Teaching, one of my Sisters. Sister Wallace, said, hey we have all this pipe and sprinkler parts, we had got to put in our backyard sprinkler system, but know that we are selling, and having to do a short sale, we don't want to leave that with the house. Would you be interested in it? I said, yes, we just can't afford to pay for it, she said what if we traded haircuts or something like that? I was excited. Know we just have to see if what they have will work in our yard. Another truly great blessing.
Then yesterday, we got a phone call from a Sister LaMunyon in our ward, saying she was thinning out her raspberries, did we want some starts. I said sure, I just don't know how to do them. She said, I'll be over and help you plant them and tell you all about them. So, Matt and her planted a whole row of raspberries. What another blessing and a reminder of how the Lord knows you and watches after you.
I will post pictures after church. I wanted to get this part done. We have been truly blessed by a loving Heavenly Father he knows us individually and loves us so much. Even during times of trial and heartache, he continues to pour his love and spirit upon us. We are so blessed to have the knowledge that we all have a purpose and that our life is a plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment