Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's Electrifying

Matt & I remodeled Mom and Dad's den into our bedroom. We were getting ready for Aunt Bean, Uncle John & Carolyn to move in to mom and dad's. We moved Colton into our old room and painted and decorated it. We took off the paneling and Spackle and painted. It was quite a project. I still need to take finished pictures, but I did get before and during. Colton thought he was helping by spackeling with one of my color brushes he found, it was really cute. He also tried sanding with a block. We were very blessed during this time, Matt and I were working hard on priming and all of the sudden the lights went out, there was Colton standing by the plug with a screwdriver that had the metal blown out of it in parts. Thank goodness the handle was rubber. We checked him over and no marks, he didn't even make a peep. He said his arm hurt, which I'm sure it did. We were so blessed. He could have been a goner. I took a picture of the screwdriver, but it's hard to tell with the metal. I've included pictures of Colton's room. He loves having a room all to himself. It's cute how he will go in there and play for hours by himself. He got to chose what he wanted in his room as far as the border, he chose Winnie the Pooh. I thought for sure he would have chose Lightning McQueen, or Nemo, but he wanted Pooh. Oh, ya, we found his desk at a yard sale for $3.00. We gave him an old keyboard and a mouse, he thinks he's all grown up. He likes to work at his desk, when I'm working in the office.

1 comment:

Parker Family said...

For some reason I missed all of these old posts. Not sure why. Crazy but I love his room. That is so scary about the screwdriver. I am so glad that he is fine.

Funks

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers