Monday, August 17, 2009

Quick Update

Well, we are still looking for a job. Wendy's decided not to take Matt, they were afraid of the commute, which we were a little concerned also, but hey a job is a job. So, Matt is searching again. We have been so blessed by a great ward, who is trying to help with ideas and opportunities. None have worked out so far, but we will not give up and lose hope. I know the Lord will provide for us, if we keep doing what he wants us to do. He will guide Matt to the job, that will best suit our family and Matt. I know this to be true. The Lord loves us and wants the best for us and if we are listening, he will lead us to where we need to be. Colton has been so hyper lately. It's really funny, in the morning and by night, I'm ready for him to go to bed, not so funny any more, most times. Everything is, "Mine" and "No". Such fun with an almost 2 yr. old. He loves to make people laugh and is wearing Grammy and Mommy's shoes all over, it's funny. He can open and close the den door now, by himself and think it's the greatest. Open, close, open, close,.....and so on and on for a good 45 min. Yesterday, right before Sacrament I stopped into nursery and asked Colton's teachers how he was in class. I was curious, especially since he's been so hyper lately. They said, he is so "quiet and shy" What? My child? Are we talking about the same active, hyper, loud, little boy? Yep, they said, he's really good, he will sit and sing songs and folds his arms during prayer and he helps clean up all the time. Which are all good things, I'm glad he does that. But, quiet and shy? They said, he is slowly coming out. Well, when he does, they will have a handful. Matt had a good birthday! He is now 36! We went to lunch with his Mom and Dad to the Blue Bird. It was so yummy!! Then I took Matt to see Harry Potter for his birthday. It was pretty good, just didn't like how it ended, but that's what you get a set up for the next one. Then on Saturday, we celebrated Matt and Mom's birthday. Since Mom and Dad were in Canada for her birthday, we decided to celebrate them at the same time. Matt got some games and a lap top case, and some DVDs. We had carrot cake and ice cream. We go mom a necklace and a tile plaque that says, " I'm still a hot babe, it just comes in flashes now!" It fits!

3 comments:

Parker Family said...

I have a feeling Matt is supposed to work for the University of Phoenix and you need to live in Queen Creek. Sounds like fun birthdays. I still feel bad that we didn't call on Matt's birthday and you didn't get our text. By time we slowed down that day it was 10:30 almost 11:00. I told Chris to call but he said it was way to late. But it sounds like you had a fun one anyway. This is still your number right 435-770-6580?

ali-dot-e said...

Oh Becky, It is rough isn't it? Aaron has been out of work now for 9 months. We keep praying that something will happen, but I guess we still need to wait some more. Thank you for your reminder to stay positive.

PS I love the Blue Bird!!

Emily Snow said...

My kids, especially my oldest are JUST like this! SOOOO loud at home but so quiet at school and church! Best of luck with the job situation...hang in there!!

Funks

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers