Thursday, May 15, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Colton and I took Pictures on Mother's Day! I am so lucky to be his mom. I love him soooo much!
So my first official Mother's Day was wonderful!! It started out on Saturday with a bouqet of flowers showing up on my door, from Matt and Colton. They are so beautiful.
Then Sunday morning, Mother's Day, Matt fixed me breakfast. We had scrambled cheese eggs and bacon. Then I had some gifts. A beautiful Mothers Locket with a picture of Colton in it. That was from Colton and a cute card. I couldn't get a good picture of the locket. It's silver and has a pink rose on it, with the word Mom on it. It was a little weird at first, because I was like oh, yeah, I am a mom. It just kinda hit me. Then Matt got me a Disney Cricut cartridge. I'm so excited to use it. Then we were off to church. It was a wonderful Sacrament. They talked about two of the most important mothers, Eve and Mary, the Saviors mom. And how they each chose to be a mom for our good. And how Mary suffered to give the Savior life and how he suffered to give us life and we as mother's in return suffer to give life. It was really neat. Then after sacrament we went to Matt's mom's and I had fixed dinner for everyone. We had Pork Barbacoa taco salads. Don't want to toot my own horn, but they were so yummy!! Then we came home and Matt just pampered me. I had a wonderful day! I am so greatful for having the opportunity of being a mom.
I am pretty lucky, I came from an excellent line of Mother's. My Great Grandma Tilly- was very loving and kind. She always made sure her girls had what they needed. Including matching purses with their shoes and a new dress and gloves. I loved going shopping with her. We would have a date, and we would either ride the bus, or Grandma or Papa would drop us off. We would go looking for a new dress and shoes and a purse that matches. Then she would take me to Bob Big Boy, I think that is what it was called. We would have, hamburger, fries and a huge milk shake that I never could finish. Great Grandma, would wear me out. She was defineately an Energizer Bunny! I remember going to her Beach house on Newport, and thinking it was so small and so fun. We would play house and play in her little dryer. She would save her bread ends so we could feed the birds along the beach shore. She is a very strong and beautiful woman. She lived a long time alone without Great Grandpa. She was independant and very strong. I had the wonderful privelege of being baptized for her. I can't wait to see her again.
Then we have Grandma, wow what words can I use to accurately describe my Grandma Tinker. She was a woman of great faith, patient, loving, cheerful, curious, beautiful, great sense of humor, easy to scare, she was jumpy, positive outlook on life and each of us grandkids knew that we were her favorite. Grandma lived her later years in pain, because of her diabetes. But, she never once complained. She always said that things would work out and be okay. She had such Faith. She loved us. And she was always telling us so. I remember Grandma, taking care of me one day when I was sick, she put me in the middle of her waterbed, which I thought was huge and way cool, because she had a TV in her room. And a stuffed animal turtle on her bed. She would make me dippy eggs and toast. Oh, I love them. I've only had them with Grandma. I remember, how easily she would scare. I remember her love for animals and how curious she was, just like a little kid. If there was a hole, she would see if her finger would fit in it, a lot of times it would get stuck, but she would be too embarrassed to tell anyone. Grandma was very cuddly, we would snuggle with her and she would rub our arms or back and give us the goose pimples. I remember her smile and her orangey, red lipstick and the kleenex that she would carry in her bra. I have many more memories of her, but not enough room to write them. The greatest gift besides her love of life and of the gospel that she gave to me was my Mom.
My Mom, what a beautiful woman, who achieved her mom's faith. She is a woman of great faith also. She is very loving, fun to be around, one of my best friends, a great example, loves the Lord and has passed that love onto me. She is a wonderful mother and wife, someone who I want to become like. She has a great testimony and knows that everything will always work out and that it is for our best. I have lots of memories of mom, cooking, sewing, saying "b-b-b-b-garbarge". Poor Mom, she does have a hard time sometimes saying words, but that is what makes it so fun, and makes such great memories. I love spending time with her and talking to her. She truly knows me better I think than I know myself. She encourages, backs and is proud of each of her kids. She is the type of person that everyone wants to be around, because she always makes people feel comfortable and welcomed and uplifts them. I love my mom more than words can express. She truly is beautiful inside and out.
I also have Matt's mom, she treats me like one of her own. She is so kind and loving towards me. She is always willing to help others and share her testimony with others. I really appreciate all of her love and support. One of my memories of her is when she took time out of her busy life to drive me up to Montana, so that I could be with my mom and dad, when dad broke his back and had to be in the hospital for 5-7 days. I loved the talks we had and the laughter we shared. She truly is a blessing in my life.
My hope is that with this great legacy of woman and Mother's. I can become a little like them. I truly am blessed for having such great examples in my life.

2 comments:

Parker Family said...

You are a wonderful mother and have had great examples of mothers also.

Amy said...

What a beautiful tribute.

Funks

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers